Quick Link

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back to School

I am serving my notice period and will be joining another company starting next month. This is the time where I am not tight to any assignments, project or to-do-list. I consider this is a good time to chill out...yeah....


The day I tendered my resignation, I went to a bookshop later that evening. Just to look for books to read during my break. I have a few days off before starting the new job. And then I found this - "Atelier AQUAIR" Guidebook for Watercolour Pencils by Miyuki Sugihara.





The book is perfect for me at this time. I've always have a thing for fine art. I don't know if I have the talent in art but I know my passion for art is deep. When I was younger, I was actively involved in art class,, art club and art competition. It all stopped after SPM; I was too busy pursuing so-called 'realistic' career path.

Now is the time to stop awhile, taking a break and reflect back all the things I've done, or not done. Am I at a right path for not pursing what I really like, like drawing?

So here I go, back to my fist art lesson.

Referring the book, I obediently follow Miyuki's guidelines. Although the book was all printed in Japanese, it was not hard to understand. Miyuki has illustrated all the 'how-to' & techniques step by step so perfectly.

I don't mind display my drawings here. Not that it's perfect or beautiful but I was satisfied. Most importantly, I was having FUN!!

One of my first few draft drawing apples

No comments: