Quick Link

Sunday, January 11, 2009

jumpingbeads @ Youth 09 - Malaysia Largest Youth Lifestyle Festival

3 days at the Youth '09 event ended quick fast and I guess it's because of the on-going-100 activities and the tireless crowd (because they are youth lar!). See what the Youth '09 was really all about at http://youthsays.com/. There was also some blogs that briefed the event pretty well by http://kelvinsse.blogspot.com/2008/11/youth-09-2nd-national-youth.html and http://eventful.com/kualalumpur/events/youth-09-malaysias-largest-youth-lifestyle-/E0-001-016978292-1.

Although I'm a bit disqualified being youth and the music was too loud, I feel happy to be there; to enjoy all the activities that were scheduled, to see what young people would do nowadays and to get to know more youngsters! Haha...
The flea market was organised by Bijou Bazaar. I set up my booth in the Hall 2, upstairs - where the pc game competition took place. The traffic up there was quite slow on the first day, I supposed the visitors are not aware of the bazaar up there. Many of the vendors shifted to Hall 1 in by afternoon. There was rock bank competition took place for the whole day in Hall 2, it was nice but the music blast really loud and I felt eardrums almost burst.

A booth that sells very interesting painted sneakers. I think they called Bulu-bulu.

One of the rock band performing in the rock band competition


On the 2nd day, I shifted to Hall 1. Thanks to wonderful Stephanie informed me of an empty booth available, right next to her. Stephanie is the owner of STEPZCREATION and she is in fashion line including clothes, bags and jewelries (she can design dresses too!)

Next to me was also another very interesting booth call PLASTERDOLL . The idea of having the doll potrait with our favourite design clothes is indeed very creative and unique. Online purchase is also available at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5173817

Wall of photos by LOMOKIDS .You should go visit their website too! Luv it!

Hey, mr. DJ....(I think I heard DJ Arnold)

There was graffiti competition as well

The scene in Hall 1.

Phew! It was a great experience. I've never been to such crowded and lively event since I left college. I wonder if this event would be organised annually, I'll be sure going back for gaining creativity and get inspired with the youth!

I want to thank my sister for sparing so much of her time accompany and helping me throughout the whole event.

No comments: